Free & Discounted Legal Care
Free Legal Services:
The following nine (9) services are available at no charge from your plan attorney.
- Initial phone consultation for each new legal matter (no time limit)
- Initial face-to-face consultation for each new legal matter (no time limit)
- Review of independent legal documents (6 page maximum per document, no limit to the number of new independent documents)
- Plan attorneys will prepare a free Simple Will for the member and their family, as well as update the Will annually for free.
- A state specific, web based, free Living Will form is available to Members. A Notary Public can notarize this form. Store this document in a safe location
- Plan attorneys will help Members represent themselves in small claims court
- Assistance in solving problems with government programs, such as INS and welfare
- When deemed appropriate by the plan attorney, he or she will write letters on the members behalf (one letter per legal matter, with no limit on the number of new legal matters)
- When deemed appropriate by your plan attorney, he or she will make phone calls on the members behalf (one phone call per legal matter, with no limit on the number of new legal matters)
*In many states, Attorney liability may require Plan Attorneys to obtain a retainer from the member prior to providing some of the free member benefits.
Deeply Discounted Legal Services*:
The following are eight (8) commonly used legal services for which plan attorneys have agreed to charge a one-time, deeply discounted fee.
|Services||Legal Member Rate||Non-Member Rate|
|Traffic Ticket Defense||$89.00||$199.00|
|Simple Will (with Minors Trust)||$250.00||$530.00|
|Chapter 7 Bankruptcy||$750.00||$1,500.00|
|Personal Real Estate Closing||$250.00||$675.00|
*The fees listed above do not include additional filing fees, costs, or administrative expenses. They are only for legal services rendered
Guaranteed Low Hourly Rate:
Plan attorneys have contracted to never charge more than $125.00 per hour, or when appropriate, give members a 40% discount off their usual and customary hourly rate, whichever is greater for legal care that goes beyond the free and discounted services described above.
In the case of extended legal care, plan attorneys may ask the member for a retainer. Any retainer sought will be computed by multiplying the number of hours a plan attorney believes a case will take, by the appropriate discounted hourly plan rate. For instance; 10 hours x $125.00 = a retainer of $1,250.00. Any unused portion of the retainer will be returned to the member.
Contingency Fee Discounts:
Attorneys often work on a contingency fee basis on such cases as personal injury and collections. This fee is usually expressed as a percentage of the amount collected or awarded. In some cases, fee maximums are set by state law. In these matters, the fees will be a 10% reduction of the state maximum rate or the attorney's usual rate, whichever is lower.